Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What's in a name?

So I thought I was being pretty clever using the name babyracer for my handmade craft clothing project. It's a play on our band name, boyracer, and also indicates that I'm mainly making baby clothes, with a little nod to babyphat- my thinking being that instead of being the super rich, ex-model, ex-wife of a famous hip hop star going into the world of high fashion clothing, I'm the relatively poor, super modest, wife of a not-really-very-famous underground indie icon (Stew of course), hand-stitching individual band t-shirts and clothing items for kids. And while the etsy store http://www.babyracer.etsy.com/ was available for my taking, unfortunately the equivalent address for my blog here on blog spot was already taken by someone else, so I've made the address babybabyracer instead. Looks like I'm not the only one to think the name babyracer is pretty cool.

But anyway, here we are. My very first blog post on my blog site. I tried doing a blog for a bit on my myspace page, but never figured out how to put pictures on it. My cousin Colleen keeps a blog here on blog spot and is always putting up great pictures of her son, so I'm going to try posting my first photo in a blog now! Oh, there it is! That wasn't quite where I meant it to be, but it's a start. We just bought Lu her very first cowgirl hat the other day and here she is wearing it. She didn't take it off for hours.

Let me try the photo thing again.

Okay, I'm having some trouble getting the image to be where I want it to be in the text, but I'll keep working on it. Anyway, here is Lu modeling one of the babyracer hoodies I'm working on now, while playing with her reflection in a very dirty mirror that is propped up in our back porch, waiting for a wall to become it's home. I wish I would have washed it before taking this picture. I'll try to remember to go wash it when I get home.
Lu and I are in town today. I got called up for jury duty, and was actually pretty excited to go do my civic duty, but the whole jury pool was dismissed after a couple of hours because the trial was delayed for some reason that they were unable to explain just in case we end up back on the jury for this same trail at some future date. It was all very mysterious, and a little disappointing. But at least I had the rest of the day to get things done! Mainly posting off 555 LPs for mail order, picking up Lu's Christmas present from the UPS depot (it's a real pink drum kit in a very small size with a real kick pedal and everything- shhhh, don't tell her), and a trip to the fabric store for some Christmas supplies. What fun.

No comments: